This is a one-time grant award of up to $2,000 (maximum
request) with no repayment due (this is not
a loan). The grant is limited to one award per business entity.
Eligible grant uses include payroll, rent, utilities, capital improvements or
other expenses that will allow you to continue to safely operate and or adapt
your business to a model to respond to COVID restrictions.
Criteria for Eligibility
such as corporations and LLCs must be in “Good Standing” and must be a
registered business entity with the State of Maryland. Entities
such as sole proprietorships and general partnerships should be “Active”, not
- https://egov.maryland.gov/businessexpress/entitysearch to
check your standing.
- https://egov.maryland.gov/BusinessExpress to register if you are
physical establishment within Main Street/ Special Taxing District in the City
engaged in doing business prior to March 1, 2020 and currently open for
no more than 15 full-time employees as of March 1, 2020.
in activities currently regulated or impacted by the COVID-19 Maryland’s State
no pre-existing tax liens or legal judgements.
following entities are NOT eligible:
businesses o Religious organizations
institutions/insurance/law firms/accounting o Investment/Real-estate entities o Food trucks o Government agencies
organizations that do not directly contribute to the economic viability of the
Main Street District
Application and Review
Only applications received during
the open application period will be considered. Applications will be reviewed
by the Cumberland Downtown Development Commission Mini-Grant Program Committee
and awards will be determined based on successful completion of the
application, demonstration of need, and detailed description of use of funds.
Award amounts may not match the requested amount. Priority will be given to
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION – MONDAY, FEBRUARY 22, 2021 AT 5PM
- This funding CAN be combined with other funding sources, tax credit programs, and state grant or loan programs.
- Awardees will be required to complete a grant agreement and final report and must be able to produce receipts for expenses if requested.
- Awardees consent to be included in marketing and promotional materials if needed.